Innovation Initiative Grants (IIGs) offer up to £5ooo to support new initiatives in teaching, research and student support. They are financed by alumni of the University, via donations to the Edinburgh Fund, and are open to permanent members of staff and current students (both undergraduate and postgraduate).
If this is new to you the current deadline of 31st March may seem a bit close for comfort … however you may be interested to know that IIGs are offered twice each year and the next round will conclude in October 2015.
Previous successful applications have included:
- Travel expenses for a student research trip to CERN, Geneva.
- An expedition to seek out and conduct photo-identification of the Vaquita porpoise
- A student-led conference on the UK’s economic recovery.
- The purchase of movable batting cages by the University’s Cricket Club.
- A film documentary on a collaborative musical performance and composition project entitled ‘Our Scottish Context’.
Full details of IIGs and the application process can be found at: