If you’re interested in a Career in the Environment, here’s an opportunity for you to meet professionals working across the environmental sector and to discuss how they have built their careers.
When: Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Where: Swann Lecture Theatre – Kings Buildings
Booking: Please book a place at this event via MyCareerHub
This event will include short talks from the speakers below, followed by an opportunity for informal networking:
- Dr Mhairi Coyle – Environmental Physicist (Centre for Ecology & Hydrology CEH) – working on the land/atmosphere exchange of trace gases and aerosols.
- Daniel Brown – Globally Threatened Species Officer at RSPB – working on 3 conservation projects relating to shorebirds. Previously experience includes working with farming communities as an advisory officer for RSPB and fisheries conservation.
- Anna Beswick – Adaptation Scotland Manager (Sniffer) – works with a wide range of public and private sector organisations and communities to raise awareness of the impacts and consequences of climate change.
- Michelagh O’Neill – Project Coordinator: River Restoration and Flood Risk Management (Sniffer)- with extensive experience as an engineering consultant in flood risk management
- Lucy Frankel – Communications Director at Vegware – Lucy has worked in teaching and translation before moving into communication for Vegware, UK’s first and only completely compostable food packaging firm
This event is hosted by the Careers Service in partnership with The Chartered Institute for Ecology & Environmental Management