This seems to be turning into a blog publicising events but there is so much happening at the moment. We’ve got a week-long festival coming up which covers a range of industries and professions in the creative sector including:
- media, – covering print and broadcast journalism, PR and digital media, including speakers from the BBC, Sky news, MateriaL UK and the Media Trust
- publishing and books, – information stands and speakers from across this area – editors, publishers, literary agents, publishing course providers, book retailers – from Canongate to Looking House Books via Blasted Heath electronic publishing and the Skinny – with many more in between
- film and TV,- BAFTA are back with their Edinburgh award-winners plus a plethora of ideas on how to get ahead in film, TV and animation
- galleries, museums and heritage – the big names in Scotland’s cultural landscape will be there – National Museums Scotland, National Galleries Scotland, Edinburgh Museums and Galleries, Historic Scotland, Creative Scotland – and more…..
- marketing, – via mini-talks and informal networking, be inspired by practitioners in this area – leave with contacts, tips and opportunities – Creative Edinburgh will set the pace
- libraries and archives – find out how to get into effectively storing, retrieving and managing our vital information resources and artefacts
The Festival is aimed at students of all levels, as well as recent graduates, from any subject who are interested in finding out more about working in the Creative Industries, Media or Cultural institutions. So have a look at the website for more information or join the facebook event for updates.
The Creative and Cultural Careers Festival will take place from 3rd – 7th March.